Relationships are important to anyone’s success. We hope to create one with you. Here’s a little about us:
- B.S. in Middle School Education, University of Kentucky
- Certified Personal Trainer (CPT), American Council on Exercise (ACE).
- CPR and AED Certified, American Heart Association, Jump Start the Heart, LLC, Lexington
- TRX Suspension Trainer Qualified
- B.S. in Business/Finance, University of Kentucky
- Certified Personal Trainer (CPT), American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- The Cooper Institute Certified Personal Trainer (CI-CPT)
- FMS Certified, Level 1 and Level 2 (Functional Movement Systems)
- CPR and AED Certified, American Heart Association
- TRX Suspension Trainer Qualified
Growing up, I was always the overweight, awkward kid who dreaded sports, gym class and anything athletic. At my high school, we were required to participate in sports, 3 seasons a year. This was lot for me to swallow at first, but with a little coaching & encouragement, I took the plunge and began working to make myself better. For me, setting goals and achieving them became addicting! My body changed, followed by my mind, and then my grades and self-esteem. I realized that being confident in your physical body, will have profound effects on your character and perseverance in life. This cycle truly re-shaped my path in life. While a lot of the purpose for my workouts has changed, the desire to be better has not. I am a better Dad, Husband, Friend and Coach when I dedicate a few hours a week to taking care of myself. I have always been fascinated by the amazing human body, how it moves, and how to make it as functional and efficient as possible. I enjoy almost any outdoor physical activity: hiking, biking, swimming, skiing, watersports. Like a child, I am more at peace when I've had plenty of exercise and fresh air. It is extremely important to me that I am and will continue to be physically-able to share these things with future generations of family for many years. I believe that by exercising properly and taking care of yourself, you are able to squeeze more of the best stuff out of your one life. At LiveWELL, we are busy building a community of great people who believe in this too!
- B.A. in Integrated Strategic Communication, University of Kentucky
- Certified Personal Trainer (CPT), American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- First Aid, CPR and AED Certified, American Red Cross
- TRX Suspension Trainer Qualified, In-house Certification through University of Kentucky
Despite my misleading appearance, I was never into sports or would ever even consider myself athletic. My friends jokingly referred to me as “Betty Spaghetti”, and I’ve been told by more than one person that my spirit animal would be a giraffe. I might not have the background one might think when they take a look at me or when think of a trainer, but my journey to fitness was not one of physical transformation but emotional. For me, fitness became my escape from many things in life, and I found myself becoming more social and outgoing because of it. Working out made me feel so happy and uplifted. My entire lifestyle and outlook changed. I wanted to share so much of what I felt and give other people the opportunity to fall in love with fitness the same way I did. The basis of my training is surrounded by that philosophy. Working out shouldn’t be a chore, it should be the best part of your day. It should be the date night (or morning) you take with yourself, for yourself. And providing motivation for you to believe that is the best part of my job.
- B.A. in Journalism, University of Kentucky - Personal Fitness Training Program Graduate, Lexington Healing Arts Academy
- Certified Personal Trainer (CPT), National Academy of Sports Medicine
My overarching goal as a coach is to teach the love of training to those with whom I work. So often in our culture, exercise is synonymous with just looking good. There is so much more to it than that. I like to delve deeper and show how certain exercises have carryover to what you might do during the day, whether it's carrying a bag of groceries up the stairs or playing a game of pickup basketball with friends after work. I especially like to see the light come on for those new to exercise. It's not all hard work! It's fun to move around and challenge yourself with weights and bands. I truly believe that an adherence to a physical routine spills over into other areas of your life. Lastly, being a Kentuckian, I know how our state fares in national obesity and health rankings. My goal is to do what I can to reach others in this state, to teach them how to ultimately control their own health through exercise.
Try us out for 30 Days without any commitment for $69!
What is in the 30 Day PT Experience:
Not ready to purchase?
Click below, give us some info, and we'll be in touch shortly!